The city of Tours in the department of Indre-et-Loire is famous for its art galleries, museums and well-preserved ancient monuments. Some buildings in the heart of the Old Town have been classified as heritage sites by Unesco, including the Saint-Gatian Cathedral, the Charlemagne Tower and the Clock Tower. People who love the middle ages will enjoy walking through this city because it has carefully preserved centuries of local and regional history in its ordinary houses and magnificent architectural sites. Book a luxury hotel, a charming hotel or even a villa to discover this beautiful city!
Visit Tours and its surroundings
The city of Tours and its surroundings seem to be unanimously accepted by all those who had the brilliant idea of visiting them. And for good reason, Indre-et-Loire and its capital city have more than one trump card in their sleeves. Architecture, museums, castles considered to be among the most beautiful in the world and charming hotels in Tours... But why is the city of Honoré de Balzac and François Rabelais so special?
Tours: a city with a thousand and one attractions
Do not rely on its small population. In the heart of the charming tourangelle city, you will discover a plethora of activities to brighten up your day and fill your memory with good and happy memories - whether you are alone, in a couple or with your family.The choice is wide:
- Shop in and around rue Nationale.
- Drink a glass of Plumereau Square.
- Find a restaurant offering local specialties on Colbert Street.
- Visit the Saint-Antoine Basilica, Saint-Gratien Cathedral, the Companion Museum or the Fine Arts Museum.
- Take a walk in one of the few magnificent gardens that adorn the city, or along the quayside of the Loire.
- Take a boat trip on the Loire and Cher rivers.
- And, why not, you lose yourself in one of its alleys that have kept a medieval je-ne-know-what of medieval.
Whether you opt for a villa rental near Tours, or a charming hotel in Tours itself, you will find, without a doubt, something to delight your senses and occupy your days in the city.
Tours and its surroundings
In addition to the many activities that you can do within Tours itself, the famous city of the Centre-Val de Loire enjoys a close proximity to several of the famous castles of the Loire, among which:
- The castle of Chambord, classified as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- The inevitable castle of Chenonceaux, not to be missed.
- The castles of Ambroise and Le Clos Lucé (the former home of the great Leonardo da Vinci).
- But also the castles of Blois, Chinon and some other monuments to visit here and there around the city.
Find a hotel near the castles of the Loire Valley?
Would you like to discover the city of Tours, its region and the castles that surround it? Nothing could be easier. On our website, we put at your disposal a wide choice of rentals to guarantee you a successful stay. Whether you are looking for a hotel close to the castles of the Loire Valley, a villa to rent near Tours or a charming hotel in Tours, you will undoubtedly discover the ideal place for a marvellous tourist stay with those who accompany you.